The warranty is given by Dometic Pty Ltd, 6 Treforest Drive, Clayton, Victoria 3168, for 12 months from the date of purchase or for 24 months from date of purchase on absorption refrigerators, against any defect arising from faulty materials or workmanship.
Repairs will be carried out during normal business hours only by Dometic Pty Ltd, or its duly authorised service agents, and are subject to the warranty conditions and exclusions hereunder.
- The company will only provide service on presentation of proof of purchase, on either the Dometic product, or the Caravan / RV / Pleasure Craft in which the Dometic product has been installed, to any authorised service agent. The purchaser must allow the service agent to photocopy the proof of purchase to facilitate his claim to the manufacturer.
- Warranty repairs can only be performed by authorised service agents and under no circumstances will Dometic reimburse repairs carried out by unauthorised persons. Tampering with any part of the product by unauthorised personnel will automatically void the warranty.
- The product must be used solely for domestic purposes only. If the product is used for commercial purposes the warranty is 6 months only.
- Where applicable, the products must be used on the appropriate electrical voltage, gas type and pressure, or fuel source.
- If at any time during the warranty period any part or parts are replaced with a part or parts not supplied or approved by Dometic Pty Ltd, this warranty shall immediately become void.
Before calling a service technician please check carefully the operating instructions, service booklet and warranty terms and conditions. If the product fails for any of the reasons detailed therein, or is faulty due to abuse, misuse or improper installation, then a service fee shall be charged to the purchaser. If you have any queries regarding the interpretation of the warranty you should contact Dometic Pty Ltd. Whilst this book represents service outlets at the time of printing, changes occur from time to time. Should you have any queries or wish to locate your nearest authorised service agent please contact Dometic Pty Ltd.
EXTENDED WARRANTY - 3 way refrigerators
An extended warranty period of an additional 3 years is available on the absorption cooling unit. See extended warranty application card.
WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
- Any refrigerator/ freezer which has been: (a) Subject to misuse, neglect, accident or alteration by any person. (b) Damaged or destroyed by fire, flood, act of God or other inevitable accident.
- Fair wear and tear.
- Damage from foreign substances such as dirt or liquid.
- Travelling expenses or call out fee to and from authorised service agents premises.
- Accommodation or Site Expenses
- Cleaning and adjustment of the gas system. This is considered to be a part of normal product maintenance.
- Non operation of the refrigerator/freezer or resultant damage to the unit where the refrigerator/ freezer has been operated in an out of level situation.
- Freight cost of the appliance or parts, to or from, point of service or transit damage.
- Dometic Pty Ltd are not responsible for resultant loss or damage sustained by the purchaser.
- Non operation of the appliance or resultant damage to the unit where the appliance has not been installed, ventilated, flued or operated in accordance with the manufacturers
- Apart from any warranties implied by the Trade Practices Act 1974 or any relevant State legislation all other warranties express or implied whether arising by virtue of statute or otherwise are hereby excluded.